[Tutor] Music player for various formats

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:56:32 +0200

Hi Prahlad,

At 16:29 10/04/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Prahlad Vaidyanathan <slime@vsnl.net>
>Subject: Re: [Tutor] Music player for various formats
>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:28:18 -0400

> > There is a code example in Dive into Python that might help you:
> >
> >         http://diveintopython.org/fileinfo_divein.html
>
>Thanks ! This a cool book. But, unfortunately, this does not deal with
>anything beyond the ID3 tag :-(

Yes. I also came across this reference a couple of days ago, but I think it
also focuses on ID3 tags:

<QUOTE>
id3py

I've released version 1.2 of ID3.py, the simple ID3v1 MP3 tag
reader/manipulator class for Python.

This version includes an exciting new dictionary-based interface,
compatible with the ogg.vorbis class, to read all ID3 tags at once. Also,
the default genre when creating an ID3 tag has been changed from 0
("Blues") to 255 ("Unknown"). ID3.py is hosted by SourceForge. Its home
page is:

http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/

You can always download the latest release of ID3.py from:

http://id3-py.sourceforge.net/id3-py.tar.gz
</QUOTE>

Cheers.

Alexandre