[Tutor] Re: recursive memory

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:54:56 +0200

On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 03:56 , Christopher Smith wrote:

>> macpath.walk() (or actually os.path.walk) is explicitly define *not* to
>> do special things for symlinks or aliases. But still: the functionality
>> is nice, so maybe we should put it in a new function macostools.walk.
>
> By "special things" you don't mean that walk() is suppose to skip over
> aliases, do you?

Yes, that's what I mean. Do I understand from your comment that it walks
aliases? That would be a bug, please file it at sourceforge.

(Look at posixpath, for instance: it doesn't do a straight isdir()
because that would return true for a symlink pointing to a directory. It
does an explicit lstat() and looks at the mode bits).
> --
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -