[Tutor] Newbie with question about text file processing

Paul Sidorsky paulsid@shaw.ca
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:50:24 -0600

stuart_clemons@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I would like to compare the values of the WINS and DNS fields in the
> newfile.txt against the WINS and DNS values in the master.txt file to
> be sure they match. I would like to write the results of the
> comparison to a file, results.txt.

Please ignore if you really do want a Python solution, but if you just
want to get the task done quickly then the following should work in a
command line window:

fc newfile.txt master.txt > results.txt

Assuming NT still has this command it'll do the job for you.  I know
WinME has it.

Paul Sidorsky                                          Calgary, Canada
paulsid@shaw.ca                        http://members.shaw.ca/paulsid/