[Tutor] How can I do IP_MASQ by using Python?

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:05:54 -0500

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 03:22:40PM +0800, Ares Liu wrote:
| I want to transfer MGCP packages via NAT. Not so much flux, so I think I
| can use python to do it. Does anyone can give me some advises?

I don't know what MGCP is, but all the times I've seen the terms
IPMASQ or NAT it is referring to the IP stack of a system.  The IP
stack is in the kernel and requires access to the kernel to adjust how
the routing and NAT will operate.  With linux the netfilter modules
provide the actual implementation and the userspace tool 'iptables'
provides an interface for the admin to configure it.

Maybe if you can explain MGCP and what you want to do with it a bit
more I'll understand whether or not python is suitable for the task.

HTH,
-D

--=20

Python is executable pseudocode. Perl is executable line noise.
=20

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E

--96YOpH+ONegL0A3E--