[Tutor] Dictionary Keys

Alan Colburn Alan Colburn" <aicolburn@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:38:39 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C23D3D.CEE7C3B0

I'm trying to figure something out and I KNOW this must be something =
pretty common. ...

Basically, what do y'all tend to do when you are entering/saving =
information in a dictionary and, the way you've set up your script's =
parameters, you could conceivably create key:value combinations with =
identical keys (but different values)? I could think of many examples =
but, for the sake of concreteness, suppose a medical office is recording =
patient visits (patient's name, visit date, other information), using =
the patient's name as the key. The rest of the information is the key's =
value, perhaps stored in a list. If each visit represents a separate =
key:value combination, and a person makes multiple visits to the office, =
then ...?

As always, thanks ahead of time! -- Al C.

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C23D3D.CEE7C3B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm trying to figure something out and =
I KNOW this=20
must be something pretty common. ...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Basically, what do y'all tend to do =
when you are=20
entering/saving information in a dictionary and, the way you've set up =
your=20
script's parameters, you could conceivably create key:value combinations =
with=20
identical keys (but different values)?&nbsp;I could think of many =
examples but,=20
for the sake of concreteness, suppose a medical office is recording =
patient=20
visits (patient's name, visit date, other information), using the =
patient's name=20
as the key. The rest of the information is the key's value, perhaps =
stored in a=20
list. If each visit represents a separate key:value combination, and a =
person=20
makes multiple visits to the office, then ...?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As always, thanks ahead of time! -- Al=20
C.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C23D3D.CEE7C3B0--