[Tutor] tkinter browser ?

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 05:56:53 +0200

At 16:48 2002-08-06 -0500, Isaac Hall wrote:
>hi,
>now I don't know if it uses Tkinter or not, but I know there is a browser
>written in python already out there called Grail.  (at least I think thats
>what it is called, its been a long time since I heard anything about it.)

Grail is certainly a Tkinter app, but it's very outdated,
I doubt that it runs with anything newer than Python 1.4.
I don't think it's anything to dig into unless you are an
experienced python programmer with plenty of time...

I don't know of any suitable controls to make a simple
(I presume web-) browser with Tkinter. For wxPython there
is the wxHtmlWindow that can render simple HTML. I guess
there are Gtk and KDE widgets as well, that can be reached
from Python through some kind of tool kits. Not Tkinter
though.

I'm not sure what the purpose of making yet another browser
is, but it might be more appropriate to try to communicate
with an existing browser such as IE through COM etc.

--=20
Magnus Lyck=E5, Thinkware AB
=C4lvans v=E4g 99, SE-907 50 UME=C5
tel: 070-582 80 65, fax: 070-612 80 65