[Tutor] Inexperienced fool

Isaac Hall hall@nhn.ou.edu
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:09:52 -0500

Hi Steven,
Rob and Kirk are right, this is the best support forum I have ever
seen...
it helped get me through learning python after spending 5 years without
writing any code, and Im still learning alot here.

anyway, as Rob said, you may want to post a snippet of code so that
people here can peruse and point out errors....otherwise any specific
coding advice may require you to have to rewrite your entire program,
which isnt always fun.  plus, when you do, and someone sees a mistake,
they will usually try to explain in fair detail why you made a
mistake...
very helpful.  Anyway, welcome to python.  I might also suggest the
Python books in the O'Reily series. 'Learning Python' and 'Programming
Python'. The latter is mainly for slightly more advanced programmers
but the former is a very good introduction to Python (and cheaper).
These helped me alot.

Ike