[Tutor] new to this

Peter F. Jakubowicz pfjakub@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:29:05 -0700

Hi. I have always wanted to learn to program, and as I have rather a lot of
time on my hands at the moment, I'm going to do it. Mainly, I decided to
learn Python because I'm a big Monty Python fan. Also, I have bought two
Python books, Learn to Program Using Python and Learning Python. One
motivation to learning to program is that I've read a bit about Chaos over
the years, I am fascinated by that, and I think it would be great to write
my own programs involving AI, fractals, and what have you. I probably shall
have lots of annoying questions soon, but at the moment I'm just curious if
there is any reason not to use Python for writing these sorts of programs.
I guess I could still return the books if there is a better language for
this. Regards,

Peter