[Tutor] Generating sigs with Python for fun and education

Scot W. Stevenson scot@possum.in-berlin.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:27:14 +0200

Hello J"o,

> You know about fortune?

Yes, but the entries can be terribly long sometimes, everybody has it, and
I don't feel like rewriting it in Python just yet =8). Somehow I like the
idea of a signature that is generated new for every email better than one
that is just stuff pulled out of a can...

The frustrating part is that I don't have a permanent online connection, so
I can't include the current weather or some other stuff I could grab from
a webpage...

Ah, thank you. That and Danny Yoo's line.center() hint clean the code up
nicely...

Y, Scot

--
   Scot W. Stevenson wrote this on Tuesday, 13. Aug 2002 in Berlin, Germany
       on his happy little Linux system that has been up for 1351 hours