[Tutor] understanding classes

Gregor Lingl glingl@aon.at
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:50:49 +0200

Scot W. Stevenson schrieb:

>Hello Gregor,
>

>>So we don't call the first parameter of
>>the jump - method zwrtlbrnft (which is
>>1. hard to remember for someone who is not
>>from Munich and
>>

>I can't find "zwrtlbrnft" except in this paragraph, and tho I have been in
>Munich, I am completely baffled at what it could mean -

Oh - you bad one! You certainly know that this was a bug! Here the
correct version:

SCHUTZMANN: Warum haben sie die schweren Steine an ihr Rad gebunden?
VALENTIN: Damit ich bei Gegenwind leichter fahre ...
SCHUTZMANN: Wie heißen Sie denn?
VALENTIN: Wrdlbrmpfd
SCHUTZMANN: Wie?
VALENTIN: Wrdlbrmpfd
SCHUTZMANN: Wadlstrumpf?
VALENTIN: Wr - dl - brmpfd

What a mess! I'll have to correct a big bunch of code ...

By the way, this is well known not only in Germany:
http://www.theaterwuerzburg.de/aktuell.htm
(this one fits to your "paranoia") but even in Portugal:
http://www1.terravista.pt/Baiagatas/9186/prjcts_rlzds.html

>no doubt some
>secret Bavarian code to get back at us Prussians for the Austrian War of
>Succession (1740 to 1748) before German general elections, with the aim to
>have Stoiber not only voted chancellor, but also crowned as the first
>Bavarian emperor since Karl Albert...
>
>Paranoia aside, I like the code and think it would have helped me
>understand 'self' a lot quicker. My only worry would be that you need
>quite a few packages - Tkinter and turtle - instead of being able to do it
>with "core" python.

For me that doesn't matter, as I thought it out for kids who
already are experienced turtle-users. And - as I tried to point out - there
is the advantage of really seeing the objects at work.

Have a nice day
Gregor