[Tutor] Re: I am a friendly inoffensive non-commercial subject line

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:48:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Prahlad Vaidyanathan wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 Scot W. Stevenson spewed into the ether:
> > [This did have the subject line "High level file handling in the rain" but
> > the SMTP mail dragon at mail.python.org didn't like that]
> [-- snippity --]
>
>     Looks to me like you are thinking of writing the exact *opposite* of
> the StringIO module. ie. Trying to make a file-handle look like a string
> (allow splicing, etc.).
>
>     I remembered something that Danny Yoo posted sometime back.
> Hmm .. a quick search provides this :
>
>     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2002-April/013366.html
>
>     I wonder if Danny has progressed on this one since. It might be a
> really interesting project to take up.

I had stopped working on it for the moment.  One thing drives out another.
*grin* But if people are interested, I can take a look at it again when I
have more time.