[Tutor] Experiences on python-enabled webhosting

runsun runsun@bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:02:50 -0500

Hi all,

Can someone provide the experiences of using any
python-enabled web hosting service ??

I have been using the FreePageHosting.com for months
but recently they transferred my account to a different
server and, without my knowledge and consent, they
changed my account plan from "unlimited space" to
"10 MegaByte".

I wrote emails to protest, but they responded with closing
down my account without even giving me any chance to
backup my files. To conceal their wrongdoings, they also
banned me from entering their customer forum. All those
were done without any consent from my side.

I am pissed off and considering launching a lawsuit against
them (although I don't know if a lawsuit against an online
company  like this is possible).

At the same time, I would like to hear some suggestions
of using any python-enabled webhosting. Thx.

pan

  ~~ Be like water, be shapeless ~~
   Runsun Pan, PhD, 773-834-3965
 Ecology & Evolution, U of Chicago