[Tutor] python GUI module selection.

Thomi Richards thomi@thomi.imail.net.nz
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:29:22 +1200

hey there!

I'm looking for some advice on choosing what GUI toolkit to use for an
upcoming project. here are the requirements:

1.- must work in both linux and windows
2.- must be able to hold complex thingies... I'm going to have a map
which is updated at around 50 times a second within this GUI interface,
and the user must be able to scroll around the map, without it slowing
the program down. (the map will be larger than the screen resolution
see, so there will have to be a scrolling nature to it somehow).
3.- it MUST be easy to program!! im not very good with python yet, and i
should be able to decode what is going on :-)

any ideas?? the only ones i have heard of are Tkinter, GTK, and
wxpython. but i have been led to believe there are more.

any ideas??

thanks.

--
The software required Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.
Thomi Richards,