[Tutor] Pythoncard

Stuart Robinson randolph.s.robinson@btinternet.com
19 Aug 2002 19:36:49 +0000

Danny,

I had both wx and pythoncard install under site-packages... which is why
I did not understand how wx could work but not pythoncard??? I did also
discover something unusual last night - I tried to run idle for the
first time and it wouldn't run either (if I remember correctly it was
another import error of some description).

The only other things I can think of which might be significant was that
I was running in usr/local/ rather than than usr/lib (the default
location for python 2.2 in my distro [suse])

Anyway I bit the bullet and have abandoned the ActiveState install and
completely reinstalled linux (a bit drastic I know, but hey, my
soundcard now works so I'm happy!) I will stick with the 'normal' python
install and try to get it all running again under usr/lib

One other thing: I don't remember running setup.py for either wx or
pythoncard.... I guess I'll find out now! I'll download everything again
and see what makes or breaks ;-)

Stu