[Tutor] suitability to task

Russell Bungay rab121@york.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:08:35 +0100

Darren Reynolds wrote:
>just doing some planning work on a project i'm going to be doing for
>myself, and was wondering if ppl might be able to tell me if python...

Sounds like exactly the sort of thing I would use Python for.

>so, if anyone has any in advance "caveats" for me to look out for, or
>could make any suggestions about data storage ... i'm all "ears" ... :)

I have no sort of particular knowledge on this, but I think size may
play a part.  If you have lots of records (pardon the pun ;o) then a
proper database based system will be probably be more efficient.

The problem I see with flat text is that you would need to parse it, but
that isn't all that hard...

I hope that helps a little,

Russell
--