[Tutor] Embedding C

lonetwin lonetwin@yahoo.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:15:17 +0530

Greeting all ye gentle Pythoneers,
     Almost a year after I first touched Python, I fell am now ready to
dabble in experiments with emmbedding C in Python (I assume that is how one
describes the task of using/calling C functions through Python).
	However, before I do this, I thought I'd drop by and ask a few questions.
You see although I do (or did -- waaay back) know how to program in C, I am a
bit apprehensive to start with the official Python Documentation on the topic
(although I intend to do it eventually).
	I would really appreciate it if someone could either point me to a resource
to or give me a small example of calling C functions through Python. like for
example passing "Hello World !" to a print_this() function from a hello.c
file.
    ....I guess Usless Python too could make use of such small examples.

Peace
Steve

--
What does education often do?  It makes a straight cut ditch of a
free meandering brook.