[Tutor] Re: wxPython crash

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:06:01 -0400

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 06:26:25PM +0000, Terje Johan Abrahamsen wrote:
| I have installed the wxPython with my Activestate Python. Then I look in=
=20
| the documentation to learn it. When I try the first example:
|=20
| from wxPython.wx import *
|=20
| class MyApp(wxApp):
|    def OnInit(self):
|        frame =3D wxFrame(NULL, -1, "Hello from wxPython")
|        frame.Show(true)
|        self.SetTopWindow(frame)
|        return true
|=20
| app =3D MyApp(0)
| app.MainLoop()

This works for me.  (Python 2.1 and wxGTK/wxPython 2.2 on Debian)

| Python just closes. No warnings, no errors, no nothing. It just closes.=
=20
| However, if I remove the "app =3D MyApp(0)" line, I get just an exception=
=20
| raised, so I assume that that must be where the problem is. What can this=
=20
| be caused by?

Could be a problem with your system -- were python, wxwindows, and
wxpython all compiled with the same compiler and linked against the
same versions of shared libraries?  What sort of system are you using?
If it's a unix system, does running 'ulimit -c unlimited' beforehand
cause a core dump to be generated?

HTH,
-D

--=20