[Tutor] Another TKinter question ....

Graeme Andrew glide@slingshot.co.nz
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:34:41 +1200

Hi All,

I am building a python install program that runs on a variety of platforms
and in different environments. Depending on the availability of a suitable
graphical client ... ie MS windows or a X windows client it will display a
GUI interface.

My question is how can I test to see if a suitable GUI client is available ?
If it is not then my user interface should display in text mode.  Is there a
particular exception to test for when trying to build the Tkinter object or
is there a more subtle way of testing for a suitable client ?

Any suggestions most appreciated !!

Regards
Graeme Andrew
New Zealand