[Tutor] getting 'more or less' online documentation

lumbricus@gmx.net lumbricus@gmx.net
Tue Dec 3 22:47:01 2002

Hi!

> Hope this one isn't a howler. I did rtfm, so maybe it's mere fatigue
> that's
> preventing me from finding this. I'd like to know how to control how much
> text displays when printing a doc string to the screen--a la 'more' or
> 'less' utilities.

For a quick pager I usually do:
If "number of displayed lines" modulo "number of lines of VT",
wait for the "anykey".
But then there is no scrolling. For that you need curses.

> I know I can use the scroll bar--but how uncool... :^)
>
> Using IDLE 0.8, Windows 2000, Python 2.2
>
> James Alexander McCarney, technical writer, (450) 928-3386 x2262

Good Luck!

J"o

--
sigfault