[Tutor] Asterisk

Bob Gailer ramrom@earthling.net
Thu Dec 5 12:26:31 2002

I regret my prior post suggesting that the questioner "rtfm". I had felt
some frustration at being asked a question whose explanation is in the
manual. I neglected to take into account that different folks have
different learning styles. I used to teach programming and related topics
for Boeing Computer Services Education & Training division in Seattle. I
would learn what I needed to know from the manuals, then create and teach a
class. I often wondered "why are these students here? why don't they just
read the manual?"

This IS a tutor list, and I will aim to be a teacher here too.

I do recommend being acquainted with the manuals and checking there first.

Bob Gailer
mailto:ramrom@earthling.net
303 442 2625