[Tutor] I need a tutor [We need a question]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Dec 8 19:05:02 2002

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 GREENDAY31087@aol.com wrote:

> Hello. I'm Wayne. I am a newbie but I have an Active Python so I'm
> prepared to learn. I figured I should practice DOS batch files first
> because they're so basic and it'll be easier to learn a second language.
> I now know that many commands in different languages are similar (print,
> echo, printf). So if anyone wants to teach, tell me, OK? -Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Python-tutor isn't really a one-to-one tutoring thing: it's more like a
one-to-many thing.  Think of it as education by the mob.  *grin*

If you ask a question on Tutor, you may get several replies from any of
the other list members.  This is often a good thing, since you get several
diverse perspectives.  The downside of this community effort is that we
can't just start lecturing from nothing: we really need a question to keep
our focus on.  We want to directly address the things that you're having
problems with.

Do you have a specific question on Python?  It sounds like you're very new
to Python, so if you're looking for some introductory stuff to read
through, you can look at:

    http://python.org/doc/Newbies.html

which links up with many good Python tutorials.  You can just take one and
start playing with the examples.  When some confusing point comes up, you
can always drop by here and ask a question about it.

Good luck to you!