[Tutor] Little apps

Cameron Stoner wolf_binary@hotmail.com
Mon Dec 9 21:09:01 2002

-Adam,

I made a basic encryption program that's a bit more than 20 lines, but each
part isn't more than twenty lines.  When you make a program you usually test
each part out before adding more to it.  Ex:  say you want to prompt for a
list of numbers and then print them out and then see if you want to do it
again.  Well you start with the prompt and make sure it works right, then
move on to the capturing of the data of just one list item.  Once you have
that done you put this segment of code in a loop that is either dependent on
the user to know how much data to enter or a preset limet.  The loop just
needs to terminate some how.  It might be easier to understand what you
might want to do?  This encryption program took me a while, but that was
because I didn't plan to well or think things through.  I know some would
say you should start coding, but code what was always my thought.  Start
with some kind of menu program, maybe.  Simple exercises in understanding
concepts like file IO help a lot.

HTH,
Cameron Stoner