[Tutor] TKinter and IDLE problem

Dick Moores rdm@rcblue.com
Thu Dec 12 03:12:02 2002

 >Try saving your program into a file and running it from the
 >DOS prompt - or double clicking it in explorer).

Double clicking it in explorer works fine, but I can't get it to run from a
DOS window prompt. I have several Tkinker GUI scripts in a
C:\Python22\Tkinter directory, and have CD-ed to this directory in DOS. dir
shows the list of scripts, but when I try to run, for example,
C:\Python22\Tkinter\helloTkinter.py, I get "Bad command or file name". What
to do? I'd like to follow Poor Yorick's tip, "I've been doing a lot of
Tkinter programming in Idle on Windows 2000, and I've found that the
easiest way to proceed is to keep a DOS window open to the folder where my
python source file is ..."

BTW if it matters, I'm using Win98.

Thanks,

Dick Moores