[Tutor] question about python in Emacs

Isaac Hall hall@ouhep1.nhn.ou.edu
Mon Dec 16 14:04:11 2002

Hi all,
I have a question about python mode in xemacs that I was wondering if
anyone can answer.  Is there a way to highlight a block of text and then
indent the whole block, instead of indenting one line at a time.  I do not
know much about writing emacs modes or reading them, so I really cant tell
for myself.  I was hoiping there was, because it would be very nice when
you decide that an if statement or some other flow control should go
around a big block of code.  Anyway, I know its a stupid question and
doesnt really have to do with python (except that it is in the python mode
of emacs).  Feel free to comment on how lazy I am in any responses...I
dont mind  :)

Ike