[Tutor] help [clearing the screen]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:56:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi James,

[Administrative comment: your message was delayed for a few hours because
the Subject line of the email just contained the word "help".  This
actually triggers the Mailman mailing list software to hold the message
because it thinks it might be an administrative question.

In short: use a more descriptive subject.  *grin* Sorry for the
inconvenience.]

> I have made a program that will prints out some
> options
> 1. to view the list
> 2. to add to the list
> 3. to delete from the list
> 4. to quit
> and after you select what you want to do, and do it
> then the program brings the menu up again and asks you
> what you want to do, but the prompt soon gets
> cluttered with all of the stuff inside it, is there a
> way to clear it before it displays the menu again?

Hmmm... how about something like this?

###
def clearScreen():
    for i in range(80): print
###

I'm not sure if there's a platform-independent way of clearing a screen.
I did a quick check on google, and it looks like this might be useful:

    http://effbot.org/efflib/console

Good luck to you.