[Tutor] Newbie

Frank Holmes flash1210@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:16:26 -0800

   I started learning python about 3 months ago. I also started with sam's
teach yourself in 24 hours   (hint: don't be too surprised if it takes a bit
longer than 24 hrs ;)  )  I haven't programmed in any other languages, but
have found python to be very learnable as a starter language. The list here
is very supportive and patient with newbies.
   I would recommend that in addition to your "sam's" book you pick up Alan
Gauld's "Learn to Program using Python" and O'Reilly's "Learning Python".
Gauld's book is very good at explaining things at a starter level and
O'Reilly's book is in my opinion very straightforeward. There are times when
I will have all three books open in front of me while trying to "get" a
concept but usually one of them will have an explanation that will make
sense to me.
   If you find you are not understanding a concept the folks here at "tutor"
are really helpful and patient.

Good luck