[Swig] Re: [Tutor] C++ Extension Problems

David Beazley beazley@cs.uchicago.edu
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:03:20 -0600 (CST)

Danny Yoo writes:

 > Also, I don't know if SWIG is guaranteed to work perfectly with C++ code;
 > you may want to try the Boost Python libraries instead:
 >
 >     http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc
 >
 > Boost Python is designed to make it easy to interface with C++, so it
 > might fit better with your simulated annealing code.

Just for future reference, SWIG works perfectly fine with most C++
code.  This is especially true for the SWIG-1.3.x series which can
handle overloading, operators, templates, and a variety of other C++
features.  There are a few things that Boost does differently which
might be better suited to certain applications.  However, SWIG-C++
support is by no means crippled.

However, I concur that this problem sounds like less of a SWIG issue
and more of an environment problem (Python path, linking, compilation,
whatever).  Not sure exactly.

Cheers,

Dave