Lloyd Hugh Allen
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:50:00 -0500
> Greg Guest wrote:
> Thanks everyone,
> that cleared up my confusion. You all are great =)
> Greg Guest
> Get Premium UNLIMITED Internet Access across Canada for
> JUST $9.95/MONTH at http://www.get3web.com/?mkid=emt123
Speaking of lambdas and confusion, I seem to recall someone posting to
c.l.python (back when I had time to wade through it) something along the
lines of the following procedure for writing a "proper" lambda function:
* Write an approximation of the lambda function.
* Write a comment out to the side that clearly explains what your lambda
function is supposed to do.
* Write a function that matches the comment you just wrote.
* Put triple-double quotes around the comment, and move it to that
function you just wrote.
* Delete the lambda function, and replace it with a call to the function
But if you do <http://www.eblong.com/zarf/zplet/lists.html>, posted here
earlier, then maybe you'll like the word lambda too.