[Tutor] graphing with Python

Pijus Virketis virketis@fas.harvard.edu
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:06:27 -0500

Well, I tried DISLIN, and it's a snap. You get your vectors (lists) and
after importing dislin, simply call dislin.plot(x,y). This was pretty much
what I was looking for. At the same time, in the documentation there are
quite a few options that would be useful if I was trying to do something
serious/nice. Thanks for the tip!

> Program Name:  DISLIN for Python 2.1 v 7.5
> File size:   1512901    File date:  2001-12-07  Distribution Type:
Freeware
> More Information:  http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/34761.shtml

> Also look for GNUPlot, there must be an interface to Python for it.

Yes, there is one. I saw it in the Vaults of Parnassus. But I think I have
found the tool good enough for my purposes.

Cheers,

Pijus