[Tutor] Calling out to check on a server

McCarney, James Alexander James.Alexander.McCarney@Cognicase.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:32:50 -0500

Hail Pythonistas universal and triumphant,

I seem to recall that there is a way (script) to check a server to see if it
is alive. Maybe Vaults of Parnassus, but I didn't see it when I checked.

Is anyone aware of something like that? Does anyone have something (code,
tips, urls, whatever) they could share?

My platform Wind*** 2000; IIS server residing on another machine. Py 2.2

Any help at all would be most appreciated! ;-)

James Alexander McCarney, technical writer, (450) 928-3386 x2262
Cognicase-M3i http://www.m3isystems.com
mailto:James.Alexander.McCarney@Cognicase.com
1111 Saint-Charles Avenue West, 11th Floor, East Tower, Longueuil, Quebec,
J4K 5G4 Canada