[Tutor] passwords

kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:58:24 -0500

OK, I want to be able to change paswords.

no kidding unix shell passwords. wencrypted in the database of all
users in critter.

I want to do it with a form feeding to a script. accountname,
oldpassword, oldpassword, newpassword.

the data to be changed in a FreeBSD server is encrypted, in a colon
delinieated database, normally modified with 'vipw'. 'vi' is a major
editor with the capacity to access this file, decrypt it, edit the
stuff, recrypt it, and save it. vipw is a shortcut that fires it up
with all the path, filename, and special flags for this special task.

I already know about the passwd command, it is interactive. IT talks
back, I bet that could bark at the script real fine.

so far the only things in python dealing with paswords GET them from
the user and compare them to the stored password for equality.

any advice?

--

end
	    Respectfully,