[Tutor] really dumb questions

Michael P. Reilly arcege@speakeasy.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:03:11 -0500

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:47:05PM +0900, kevin parks wrote:
> >Thats why Beasleys book is good - it adds the examples ;-)
>
> I loved that book. I used to have the 1st edition, but it left it on
> the subway. I can't find the new edition here in Seoul, i've checked
> everywhere. Some stores have the old one, but i can't buy that again.
> If i am going to fork up that kind of money for an imported book I want it
> to  be up to date. Anyone in Korea and got one they want to sell??
>
> >f.writelines(map(lambda s: s+'\n', ["Scooby", "Dooby", "Doo"]))
>
> This didn't work for me at all. (I can't find the forward slash on
> this machine so if the newline character comes out funny just substitute. In Korea they put their monetary symbol where we put
> the slash key).

Then you might want to do an old trick.

eoln = chr(10)  # a newline character

f.writelines(map(lambda s, e=eoln: s+e, ["Scooby", "Dooby", "Doo"]))

You might also want to get an editor that will remap keys for you, so
that when you type the monetary symbol, it prints a backslash.

  -Arcege

P.S. For your information:
"/" - forward slash or "slash"
"\" - backward slash or "backslash"