[Tutor] SocketObject.close() question

Andreas Schöller schoeller@zkm.de
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:11:36 +0100

Hello tutors,

i´m using the xmlrpclib library 0.9. and the xmlrpcsvr.py script wich
creates a SocketServer at a specified port. The socket-object has a
close()-method which works as expected - after calling the method the
socket gets closed and further connections are refused. But when i try
to restart the xmlrpc-Server on the same port i get the message
socket.error: (48, 'Address already in use'). After 1-2 minutes it´s
possible to reuse the server on that port again ? Is this behavior
considered normal or am I wrong in closing the socket by using
socket.close() ?
I´m on a Mac OsX 10.1.2 - is this a system library dependent behaviour ?

thanks for your support,, andreas