[Tutor] counting new/changed files

Tracy Bost tbost@ifarm.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:17:46 -0600 (CST)

Hi. I've finally getting to put python to some real world use here ! : )
 I'm a little stumped on counting the number of new/changed files in a
directory since the last time it checked. I've thought about just writing
the "check" time to a dictionary to a file, then each time it needs to check
for the number of files that are new/changed, it can use that data as the
reference point. Can someone be so kind as to point me the direction I need to
go for counting these files ?

 Thanks !
- Tracy

Visit "The Most Powerful Tool on the Farm" at http://www.ifarm.com
Get the latest on Ag News, Market Reports, FREE email, and much more.