[Tutor] python 2.2

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:03:16 -0800

At 07:20 PM 2/19/2002 -0600, Cameron Stoner wrote:
>Hi to all,
>
>Little bit of a problem.
>I have Python 2.2 and when I'm programming Python 2.2 freezes up my
>computer and it stops responding.  I also have Windows 98 2nd endition as
>the OS.  I know that it is Python because it only happens when I'm using
>Python.  I also have the Vpython addition.  I also don't think that
>Vpython is the problem.  I am thinking that I should go back to 2.0 or
>maybe 1.5, but I don't want to because Vpython doesn't work with 1.5 I
>think.  Would someone offer some kind of suggestion about this problem?
>
>Any help,
>Cameron Stoner

Do you have any kind of anti-virus software running, and,
if so, does disabling it help?  There were some Python
vs. Norton AntiVirus issues awhile back, though these
seem to have cleared up on my end.

Have you tried reinstalling 2.2 from the native installer?
When you say it freezes up, when does this happen?  Upon
booting Python?  After an hour of using?  Might helps to
provide more details.  In principle, nothing about the
Win98 + 2.2 combo should prevent smooth co-functioning.

Kirby