[Tutor] Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours book

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:01:31 -0800 (PST)

On 20-Feb-2002 Jonikas Valdemaras wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could you please sketch your impressions regarding
> Ivan Van Laningham's book "Teach Yourself Python
> in 24 Hours".
> Is it worth to use this book as first Python book
> (I have no programming experience)?

My problem with this series of books is similar to my problem with "dummies"
books.  They are pretty good at getting you through the first 2 weeks / month.
Then you can just give them to a friend and buy a new book.  They make very
poor reference manuals usually and often ignore any of the complex matters.