[Tutor] Function return

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:22:32 -0800

At 09:56 PM 2/20/2002 -0700, Paul Sidorsky wrote:

>Then Kirby Urner wrote:
>
> > A comment on style:  I think using a class to wrap the the
> > functionality needed to read some fixed length records is overkill
> > in this example. <<SNIP>>

>Agreed, but it's a darn nice way to learn classes. <<SNIP>>

But note in the alternative implementation I suggested,
I still used a class -- albiet as little more than a
record structure.  That's actually a good first step
towards using classes -- just see them as groups of
properties and add methods later.

If the plan were to change data or do some computation on
it, then we could go on to furnish the class with methods.

Kirby