[Tutor] How do we make a program to be executed...

Glen Wheeler wheelege@hotmail.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:15:12 +1100

> At 10:04 AM 2/21/2002 +0200, Thanos wrote:
>
> >Win98, and the python 2.1.2 version.
> >Thanks,
> >Thanos

  I lost the rest of the thread :)
  But I've been compiling python programs into stand-alone packages for soem
time now.  It seems that the easiest way to get people to try your program
is to tell them to 'double click on it' instead of 'connect to the net...go
to python.org...download python... (by this time they have decided not to
try it) etc'.
  I've found py2exe (http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/) to be
a great program for doing this, but perhaps a little bit of overkill for you
atm.  Visit the site, have a look around, and know that if you need to run a
python program without the script handy, it's easy :).

  HTH,
  Glen