[Tutor] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Re: why the recompile?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 23:29:24 +0100

On Saturday, February 23, 2002, at 06:47  PM, Christopher Smith wrote:
> In answer to my own question I learned that if one of the
> libraries in the
> lib_dynload folder is newer than the .pyc files this will cause
> the .pyc
> files to be rebuilt.

I doubt that this is really the problem, at least, I can't
imagine why it would be so. I more suspect a problem with
modtimes not being preserved and/or different timezones
(combined with the way GUSI attempts to convert MacOS's
localtime-based timestamps to unix's GMT-based timezones). But
if it indeed has to do with a newer file that is totally
unrelated to the module being imported then there's a bug in the
Mac import code somewhere.

Could you try running with "trace import" and "also show failed
attempts"? Not sure whether this'll give more information but
it's worth a try.

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -