[Tutor] 2 quick questions...

vip333d@yahoo.com vip333d@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:29:50 -0800 (PST)

Dear Tutor,
 I want to make a somewhat simple program, that finds
for me complex numbers, and does it by some algorithm
that says:
if N==2**(k-1)*(2**k-1)
[NOT: N==2**(k-1)*(2**(k-1))]
while 2**k-1 is a Number wich divides only with 1 and
itself.
I have got over the problem of finding numbers that
divide only by themself and 1, but I have 2 problems:
1) to say that k can be any number, I tried saying k =
range(x,y), but it didn't work. How can I?
2) I have all the numbers wich devide by 1 and
themselves on a list. How can I see if the phrase:
2**k-1 is in the list?

please don't do all the work for me, I just wanna
practice.

complete newbie