[Tutor] practical python sites/scripts

Andy W toodles@yifan.net
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 01:04:19 +0800

> Thanx Andy! What do u use Py for?

Hmm... well I'm only a recreational programmer at the moment, so whatever
takes my fancy. Sometimes I want to do a task like manage my files on my
computer, so I'll make a program in Python to do it. The last program I made
was to create an HTML list using a template and a text file. Before that I
made a program to walk a directory and find the MP3 files within, and
extract the ID3 tags from them.

I've made a couple really bad games *grin*, one which is a MUD base, which
is on Useless Python.

I also find Python useful for doing mathematical tasks, partially due to the
interactive interpreter.

Andy