[Tutor] Escape characters in strings

Glen Wheeler wheelege@hotmail.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:56:58 +1100

  Hi,

  I was writing an internet script and when parsing text I came upon this
very problem.  Nothing I tried would stop python from considering \xxx to be
anything other than one character...the way I did it in the end was to
redesign the way I parsed the strings and 'ignore' the \xxx parts.
  This isn't helpful for you, since you obviously can't ignore them.  I am
just posting here to show that your not the only one who has encountered
this problem before...
  Hmmm, upon a bit of fiddling....

for i in s:
  if '\\' in repr(i):