[Tutor] tcl/tkinter on python 2.1 for mac os x

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:52:30 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Eric Leary wrote:

> In Oct 2001 I downloaded python 2.1 for mac os x.
>
> I am learning python from Gauld's book and Laningham's book.
>
> the download has a note where the tkinter modules should be saying they
> are not available yet.
>
> now on Apple OS X site tcl tkinter is appearing as a link to a  file
> that can be downloaded

Hi Eric,

Hmmm!  Ok, I checked up on this; it does look like Tkinter should work on
Mac OS X finally.  Take a look:

    http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html

If you download MacPython22, you should be able to use Tkinter.  (Now that
I'm starting to feel the need for a new computer, that new iMac does look
pretty tempting... *grin*)  I'm not so sure about MacPython 2.1 and
Tkinter though.

For Macintosh issues, you can talk with the MacPython folks:

    http://www.python.org/sigs/pythonmac-sig/

and they might know more about this.

Let's talk about making a simple database application in another post; I
think it's a great topic!