[Tutor] ethics in programming

Pijus Virketis virketis@fas.harvard.edu
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:59:20 -0500

> Mailman cannot append advertisements, nor manage the rotation of them.
>
> If you want your list service to earn enough money to pay for itself,
> it has toeither SELL list service, or earn revenues from
> advertisements appended to the traffic passing through it.

Kirk,

I think Stephan's point was that even if Mailman is missing some feature you
need, it would be easier and more beneficial to the whole community to add
it, rather than forking your own list manager. I hope you will agree that
more people would be able to share the fruits of your hard work, if you
modified an established program, like Mailman.

Cheers,

Pijus