[Tutor] How powerful is Python?

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:36:16 -0500

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:09:07AM +0800, Andy W wrote:
| > and go down to the bottom "Edit Options" form, you can set this option.
| > This will still allow you to send messages to Tutor, but you won't hear
| > the "background noise" from the list.  If tutors are careful to use
| > Reply-to-all, you should still receive personal emails from people who
| > want to answer your questions.

Mmm, it's not good to rely on people assuming you want a duplicate
copy of your mail.  I use List-Reply when I post to the list; if you
don't have your address in the Mail-Followup-To: header you won't get
a duplicate copy.  After all, if you're subscribed to the list and you
didn't ask for double, why should you get double?

The moral : either receive all list mail, or set Mail-Followup-To:
appropriately.

-D

not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein