[Tutor] Why does pygame still not work?

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:06:51 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, James M Lang wrote:

> I tried running the monkey source and got this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Python22\monkey", line 14, in ?
>     if not pygame.font: print 'Warning, fonts disabled'
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'font'

Yikes!  Hmmm...  According to the tutorial at:

   http://pygame.org/docs/tut/ChimpLineByLine.html

the Monkey game assumes that 'pygame.font' is set to None if Pygame can't
initialize its Font module.  But according to the error message, this
isn't happening.  I'm surprised because you're on a Windows system, so I
would have assumed that the prepackaged Pygame should have no problems.

You may want to talk with the Pygame folks here:

    http://pygame.org/info.shtml#maillist

They may be better able to help you figure out what's going on here.
Sorry about not being able to help more on this.