[Tutor] Doc string extractors?

Jeff Grimmett grimm.tooth@verizon.net
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:37:02 -0500

I've looked at pydoc, happydoc, and gendoc/pythondoc, and thus far I am
coming up goose eggs on useful (or even working!) extractors for python doc
strings. To make matters more frustrating, the chapter on Documenting Python
seems to be written by Nostradamus on a Jolt Cola binge (OK, it's not that
bad but it doesn't seem to address the issue in a straightforward manner, or
maybe I'm just thick).

(actually, I know part of the problem is that I'm using the 'regular'
version of Python in a Cygwin BASH shell, but some things should just work,
darn it).

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?  I am looking to take my doc
strings and plunk them into a nice HTML document, that's all.

P.S. -- while pydoc is documented in the current 2.2 docs as being available
since V2.1 or so, in reality it is not, really, available until V2.2.
Should I log a bug report @ sourceforge? -- what is the ettiquette on this?