[Tutor] lARGE LISTS W/TL

kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:35:26 -0500

Well, I installed TL in my email service and turned it on. Anyone
clicking on LISTS! in the menu gets the web manager page.
It is live and serving list traffic, handling management requests, and
(hopefully) earning a living tossing list traffic. THIS is where ai
wanted to be by when Listbot went tits-up last subber. Promised
software, never arrived. Tried another product, could not handle large
lists. Tried majordomo, majorcool is a wino junkie and drives me mad.
Tried to learn perl, bounced. Tried to get my perl maven to help, he
works AND goes to college, clocktics are REAL short in his life.

So TL lives. List service is FINALLY decent, reliable, easy.

Let's see how the world at large takes it. I just notified the
membership base with the announcement list 'monkeyshines', which is a
TinyList list. It even tripped over, recovered from, and handled a bad
email- made sure my address was LAST on the lsit, so if it blew out, I
would never get mine. It arrived, as also did an email announcement
that there was a bad address.

I think I shall go have a little coniac... yum, Henessy XO.

--

 -Respectfully,
              -Kirk D Bailey

end