[Tutor] Re: thanks (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:24:03 -0800 (PST)

(... I'm still clearing out my mailbox, and I noticed that this wasn't
sent to Tutor.  Sorry about that!  Keith, when you're replying, make sure
to send to the tutor@python.org address, so that your questions won't get
lost.)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:02:50 -0800
From: kjphotog@juno.com
To: dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: thanks

Danny,

Absolutely, feel to pass my thanks-alot message to all concerned. In
fact, I may need to post another question...

When I ran Tara's example,

import poplib

pop = poplib.POP3('server', 'port')
pop.user('username')
pop.pass_('password')
num_msg_list = len(pop.list()[1])
# Iterate over all messages.
for i in range(num_msg_list):
    # Loop over all lines of the message, except index 1, which is the
response.
    for j in pop.retr(i+1)[1]:
        # Print the line.
        print j

Then I got only a quick peek at my message list before my screen exploded
into an alphabet soup (flood of letters). I wasn't able to save any of my
script for show & tell, I had to CtrlAltD to stop the program.

Do I need to decode my messages to read them?

Thanks again.

As for those newbies like me who want to learn Py in a hurry. Well, I've
gone from printing 'hello world' (and why do I wanna do that?) to almost
being able to get my e-mail in a short amount of time. As a high school
photo instructor I can't wait to learn about Pythons imaging abilities.

By the way, what do you do at Berkeley?

Keith