[Tutor] Python in Apache? [should we set up a wiki?]

Gregor Lingl glingl@aon.at
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:25:17 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Danny Yoo" <dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
>                                            ...  I've been thinking
> of setting up a Python-Tutor Wiki, but I don't have too much experience
> with Wikis yet to know if this would be useful.  What do people think
> about this?

I find this a great idea. Moreover I would ask to do the setup publicly,
so everybody could reproduce it for his own purposes. (I'd like to have
one for young students in german language, so if you did it, I'd like to
do it in parallel on a sever at my school).
May I point you to moinmoin's page: http://moin.sourceforge.net/
There is a wiki written in Python, which looks rather versatile
and attractive. (On the other hand a more primitive one, as for instance
PikiPiki, would suffice and possibly would be easier to maintain?)
At the same time this could be a an opportunity to do some practical
Python programming (e.g. customizing the wiki concerning the user's
language ...)

Gregor